Thursday 9 December 2010

The Ultimate Playlist for Sex

Alright, so I've veared off course a little with this 'mind meander' but ....I got home from rehearsal last night (I'm in a band of sorts) and whilst researching potential new re-mixes, came across Fever by Peggy Lee and thought "If that doesn't get the 'frisky' started you must be a dead Eunuch or som't".....which led me to wonder what the perfect playlist for 'good lovin' would be?  I'm talking about a theme tune for all the phases from 'In the mood' through to four play, yeehaa!! ...and on to the post coital stupor.

Did some research over lunch...in the pub with some girlfriends, and we are beginning to formulate a plan; though on consultation with one of the guys from work - I think it may be a girl thing?!?.  MM (short for Mr My what interesting taste in music you have?) suggested Madonna's Justify My Love...ah NO thanks.


My list has to start with Fever by Peggy Lee, there will be Gloribox by Portishead somewhere in the mix and Strict Machine from Goldfrapp (there's several Golfrapp songs that would rate highly on such a list; honestly, any of their albums are a safe bet as are Theivery Corporation, Massive Attack, Novelle Vague)...I think you can see where I'm going with this; sultry, grinding dirty beats that build with the moment.  Anyway - rest assured I will research this as thoroughly as I possibly can and let you know the verdict; once again 'taking one for the team' (ah, the selfless giving of oneself to such a gritty cause - angel wings, halo's and flower filled meadows abound!).   Will keep you posted.

I need to finish this now.  My lunch break may have been an one extended and there may have been much gossip and wine involved, but, this lady has a Pub Crawl to be fabulous for, so I must dash.  Don't judge me, there is the history of Clerkenwell involved. I'm pretty sure that if you're learning something whilst drinking you can't get drunk and the calories don't count?!  It's a philosophy and a lifestyle.

Adios amigos!

1 comment:

  1. AAAAHHHH! You went on it! Jealous! Was it good?

    You MUST MUST MUST find the album Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By (by Lovage) which has some fantastic songs on it. Namely: Stranger on a Train and Book of the Month (serendipitously!).

    And, embarrassing but true, I have a playlist entitled "hot". And it features Enigma. You know the one...

    ReplyDelete